Ridiculously delicious and perfect for a cold winter night!
1 Tbsp. coconut or grape seed oil
2 shallots, thinly diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups butternut squash, peeled and chopped
Pinch of sea salt and black pepper, plus more to taste
1 1/2 Tbsp. curry powder
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 14oz. can light coconut milk
2 cups vegetable broth
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
Optional: 1-2 tsp. chili garlic paste
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add oil, shallots and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add butternut squash and season with a pinch of salt and pepper, curry powder and ground cinnamon. Stir to coat, then cover and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, maple syrup and chili garlic paste.
Bring to a low boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
4. Use an immersion blender or transfer soup to a blender and puree on high until creamy and smooth. If using a blender, return soup back to pot.
5. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt as needed. Continue to cook for a few more minutes over low heat.
6. Serve as is or with toppings such as toasted pumpkin seeds, chili garlic paste or full fat coconut milk drizzled over each bowl of soup.
Courtesy of Minimalist Baker